Warehouse & Logistics Coordinator
Responsible for supporting operational team locally through proper management of assigned warehouses, inventories, and logistical requirements. Maintain and ensure asset management of items through their life cycle. Ensure proper movement of materials and assets through defined processes and utilization of appropriate Import/Export controls as required by governmental agencies to meet customer expectations and timelines. Act as local purchasing agent in support of Global Purchasing.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Process purchase requests from internal departments by communicating with required vendors for quotations, requesting and receiving approvals from RigNet management, and issuing purchase orders to vendors.Managing storerooms and ensure proper stocking of materials and inventory
- Receive delivered supplies, materials, and equipment in the system. Confirm delivered goods match purchase order specifications of quantity, condition, model number, etc; completes all necessary paperwork for stock items received.
- Use computer based inventory and asset management tools to accurately track RigNet assets and materials
- Manage the scheduling of materials to be moved to and from warehouses, coordinating inventory stock and transfers
- Conduct cycle counts of inventory materials. Assist in conducting complete physical inventory count. Verify inventory reports by comparing with inventory and adjusting entries.
- Organize and maintain warehouse and inventory areas for efficient material storage and handling; maintains labeling system on each stock item; manually stocks inventory shelving with stock items received or returned.
- Fulfill material requests to support operational requirments.
- Physically receives returned material stock. Disassemble or inspects to determine suitability of material for restocking with the assistance of other departments.
- Prepare equipment for shipment by verifying location, directing movement to staging area and resolving problems.
- Ensure compliance with import/export regulations, controls for shipments to and from assigned office, and applicable free trade agreements. Provide reporting services to governmental agencies for the management of assets classified as temporary/permanent/Repetro for import/export.
- Arrange transportation, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand with little to no delay.
- Assist Accounts Payable as needed for timely vendor payments.
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- University degree in supply chain, logistics, or relevant business field (preferred).
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral as a Native Brazilian Speaker with excellent English skills.
- 2 – 5 years previous experience in supply chain functions
- Experience managing logistics providers including 3PLs, freight forwarders, small parcel providers, on-site couriers, and freight audit providers to achieve goals
- Experience with freight quotes and analysis
- Knowledge of applicable free trade agreements
- Knowledge in customs and export regulations
- Willingness to travel up to 25%.
- Background in the oil & gas industry preferred.
- SAP knowledge and experience preferred
- Solid analytical skills with expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Excellent and professional written and verbal communication skills required
- Must be able to work under pressure and multi-task under these conditions.
- Detail oriented, accurate with good organizational, project and time management skills
- Self-starter, highly motivated and results-oriented