Land Field Technician
The Land Field Technician position involves the installation, maintenance, repair and support of voice and data satellite communication systems on land-based facilities. The Field Technician is responsible for remaining on rotation standby in order to prepare, dispatch, coordinate, and support all aspects of the global customer field service requirements at any time. This role must also be able to provide mid- level system installation, commissioning, testing, and maintenance on RigNet's products and services overseas, onshore, and offshore as appropriate.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
- Responsible for performing customer support activities, which involve the service, installation, and troubleshooting/ repair of satellite communications systems, Cisco VoIP telephony systems, Internet services, Intercom Systems, networking applications, and two-way radio systems on land rigs, Land production sites, and remote locations.
- Must be well organized person with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be available 24x7 when on call
- Must be able to take job ownership throughout completion which includes: Time Sheets, Inventory Documentation, and Field Tickets
- Provide technical support and resource to ensure delivery of service.
- Liaison with clients, and groups within RigNet to ensure the timely delivery of service.
- Assembly of fixed antenna systems
- To provide assistance to other Field Technician s during the installation, commissioning and maintenance of fixed and stabilized satellite systems.
- To assist with the problem solving of technical issues within the company.
- Comply with all safety requirements implemented by employer, customers, facility owners or vendors involved in the employee's daily tasks.
- Complete all required paperwork accurately, legibly and obtain proper approvals from job site location management.
- Communicate job progress to customer s, RigNet Job Manager and Technical Services
• Up to 100% of time spent traveling when on call
• Installation, commissioning and maintenance of fixed and stabilized satellite systems, including:
• Configuration, test and faultfinding of satellite modems.
• Configuration, test and faultfinding of C& Ku-b and RF units
• Ad hoc duties as required.
Education, Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- OIL & GAS FIELD EXPERIENCE STRONGLY PREFERRED!!
- Experience with and interest in commercial-grade satellite communications systems and Cisco networking equipment
- Minimum Associate Degree in related field or equivalent education in field work
- Associate degree in electronic/engineering/telecom or data networks preferred
- Two to four years of experience in radio frequency communications systems
- Experience in computer networking systems and components a plus
- Must be able to create and manipulate Microsoft Excel and Word Documents
- Computer and IP networking skills
- CCNA and MCP is a Plus
- Must be customer focused and an effective communicator
- Comply with all safety requirements implemented by employer, customers, facility owners or vendors involved in the employee's daily task, including but not limited to, PEC, H2S, Water Egress, Lock Out/Tag Out, First Aid/CPR, Lifting, Fall Protection, Climbing Techniques and etc.
- Valid state driver license required; good driving record
- Must be available on-call twenty-four (24) hour, seven (7) days a week, except for periods designated by the service supervisor
- Can obtain passport
- Can obtain TWIC card
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. and have the ability to climb structures as required on land and offshore, installing communication and antenna systems
- Knowledge of VSAT systems and related equipment
- Ability to install, commission, and fault find VSAT systems and equipment
- Previous experience of installing, commissioning and fault-finding stabilized satellite systems and equipment
- Test Equipment - able to use a range of suitable test equipment including Spectrum Analyzers, BERT testers, Wattmeters etc
- Previous experience of PBX's, routers, TCP/IP, PA and radio systems preferred
- Good communication skills ( written and verbal)
- Optimistic attitude
- Communicate effectively
- Professional and ethical behavior
- Problem solver
- Must manage time efficiently and effectively
- Experience in proper usage of a variety of hand tools
- Radio- able to install and fault find on typical maritime installations (LOS, VHF, UHF)
- PC literate
- Ability to work to meet both customer and company demands within a short time frame
Working conditions could include frequent driving, standing, walking, bending, twisting, crawling, climbing, squatting, or kneeling. Work may require occasional overnight travel and weekend and/or evening work.
Description: This position requires a moderate amount of stamina with the ability to perform the above essential job functions and within timetables. Some overtime work may be required.
Lifting: The employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. occasionally from floor-knuckle, knuckle-shoulder, and shoulder-overhead.
Carrying: The employee must be able to carry up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 100 lbs. occasionally for short (under 10 feet) and long (over 10 feet) distances.
Pushing/ Pulling: The employee must be able to push/pull up to 50 lbs. frequently and up to 75 lbs. occasionally from all heights for short (under 10 feet) distances.
Other Physical Requirements: Must be able to coordinate the movement of hand and feet according to visual signals and directions. Must be able to reach for, manipulate and feel objects. Employee must have normal visual acuity, depth perception, color discrimination and figure-ground secondary to work around hazardous materials areas and working/balancing at heights. Employee must have sufficient hearing to hear warning signals and co-workers secondary to high risk of objects failing and warning signs. Employee must have excellent balance secondary to having to climb/walk.
Environmental Considerations: The employee must be able to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Good listener
Based on Experience
The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor and/or manager.
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.
All interested parties should send apply here.
RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO} ta all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.