Reference Number: 19R-054
This technically competent engineer position involves the installation, maintenance; repair and support of stabilized (Seatel) and fixed TX-RX satellite systems in the offshore oil market.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for performing customer support activities, which involve the service, installation, and trouble-shooting/repair of stabilized satellite communications systems, Cisco VoIP telephony systems, Internet services, networking applications and two-way radio systems on land rigs, offshore rigs, offshore production platforms, and remote locations.
- Must be well-organized person with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Must be available 24x7 when on call
- Must be willing to travel overseas and have valid passport.
- Up to 100% of time spent traveling or offshore when on call
- Must be able to take Job ownership throughout completion which includes: Site Folders, Inventory Documentation, and Field Tickets
Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- OIL & GAS FIELD EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!!
- Seatel 9797 certification
- Must have experience working with Seatel 4003/4006, 4996/6006, and 9797 TX-RX series antennas.
- Experience with and interest in commercial-grade satellite communications systems and Cisco networking equipment
- Minimum Associate Degree in related field or equivalent education in field work
- Must be able to create and manipulate Microsoft Excel and Word Documents
- Computer and IP networking skills
- CCNA and MCP is a Plus
- Must be customer focused and an effective communicator
- Possess ability to climb towers up to one hundred fifty feet as required on land and offshore locations, and lift 75 lbs
- Comply with all safety requirements implemented by employer, customers, facility owners or vendors involved in the employee’s daily task, including but not limited to, PEC, H2S, Water Egress, Lock Out/Tag Out, First Aid/CPR, Lifting, Fall Protection, Climbing Techniques and etc.
- Valid state driver license required; good driving record
The above statements are intended to describe the essential functions and related requirements of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities and requirements.
RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, RigNet Inc. and its subsidiaries complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.